Come Together, Learn and Grow
As the professional community aligned with National Center, AIHC contributes to better health and improved outcomes by redesigning how the health care workforce is trained and how care is organized and delivered. AIHC members work locally, nationally and internationally to influence policy, develop and share best practices and resources, conduct research, mentor and support colleagues and remove barriers to effective action.
AIHC Member Events at Nexus Summit 2019
|7:30 – 9:00 pm||AIHC Advisory Board Meeting||AIHC Advisory Board||Greenway A||AIHC Advisory Board Members|
|7:00 – 8:00 am||AIHC Mentorship Program Information Session||AIHC Mentorship Committee||Greenway A||
In 2017, AIHC and the National Center for Interprofessional Practice and Education launched the Faculty Mentor program to address the pressing need to help faculty and clinicians prepare for success in interprofessional education and collaborative practice (IPECP). Growing the cadre of faculty engaged and successful in IPECP and their scholarship is a top priority for AIHC and the National Center and the intent of the program.
If you are interested in being a mentor or mentee in the program, join us for this informational breakfast. We will share outcomes from previous years and have a Q&A with current participants. Roles and opportunities for mentors and mentees will be discussed. All are welcome!
|12:30 – 2:00 pm||AIHC Student Engagement Group (lunch provided)||AIHC Student Engagement Group||Greenway A||All health professions students.|
|12:30 – 2:00 pm||Exploring How IPE is Organized at Universities in the US: Results from a Pilot National Survey. Come see how you compare and join the discussion to shape future planning! An open session hosted by AIHC and the National Center||AIHC Organizational Models Task Force||Greenway B||Anyone interested in learning about the IPE organizational models survey developed and administered by AIHC and the National Center.|
|4:45 – 6:00 pm||AIHC Member Reception||AIHC Advisory Board||Northstar Ballroom||
All AIHC members, please join your fellow members for an evening of connecting with colleagues and to hear updates and provide feedback to help enhance the organization.
If you are not a member but are interested in joining, please attend to learn more. We will have some planned programming (we promise it will be informal and fun)! We'll continue into the second hour with an unstructured time for continued conversations.
All health professions students at the Nexus Summit 2019 are welcome to attend and network with future colleagues.
To refresh after a full day at the conference, appetizers are provided and a cash bar will be available to enjoy!
|7:00 – 8:00 am||Learner-Leader Debriefing Session||AIHC Student Engagement Group||Greenway A||Gather with fellow students and AIHC members to debrief over breakfast. Share your Summit experiences so far and learn how to maximize the last day of the Summit. Students who matched with an AIHC leader can also debrief their Nexus Summit 2019 experience with their leader during this informal breakfast.|
|9:45 – 11:15 am||
Nexus Fair Resource Exchange
Stop by to learn more about AIHC, upcoming activities and how to make the most of your member benefits.
|AIHC Advisory Board||Northstar Ballroom||Everyone!|
|9:45 – 11:15 am||Nexus Fair Interprofessional Student Poster Session||Nexus Summit Event||Northstar Ballroom||Interprofessional Student Posters will be presented during the Nexus Fair. AIHC Scholarship Committee members will review student poster, and identify the winner of the Interprofessional Student Poster Award.|
|12:45 – 2:45 pm||Nexus Awards Celebration and Luncheon||Nexus Summit Event||Nicollet Ballroom||AIHC Scholarship Committee will present the Interprofessional Student Poster Award to one health professions student poster presenter.|
As a community of professionals committed to interprofessional practice and education, AIHC inspires colleagues and creates opportunities to come together, learn and grow.
- Connect -- Build relationships with other health professionals who share your passion for interprofessional practice and education and understand the field and its challenges.
- Gain new knowledge -- Learn more about interprofessional best practices and new models at conferences, through webinars and during networking events.
- Share expertise -- Take advantage of opportunities to share what you know and what you have learned. Contribute to the growing body of knowledge about the field.
- Grow -- Get involved in AIHC mentoring and leadership development programs to enhance your career and advance the field.
- Drive change -- Engage actively in this dynamic, professional community to accelerate implementation of interprofessional strategies in both educational and clinical settings.
Who Should Join?
AIHC is open to individuals who are interested in transforming health in the United States through interprofessional collaboration. Members may include:
- Health care team members
- Health professions educators
- Organizational and institutional leaders
- Public health professionals
- Care coordinators
- Administrators of health care delivery and payment systems
- Patients, family and caregivers
- Community representatives
- Emerging health professionals
- Collaboration and connection with other AIHC members and organizations
- Personalized member certificate
- Quarterly newsletter and monthly briefs
- Advance notice and reduced registration fees for Collaborating Across Borders conference, National Center Summit, AIHC webinars, affiliated regional-conferences and other National Center activities
- Exclusive member-only activities including webinars, special programming, and events at national meetings
- Online access to learning tools, informational resources and current research in the field of interprofessional practice and education
- Opportunities for national-level service through committee involvement
- Involvement in the AIHC/National Center Mentorship program
- Participation in members-only forums and other leadership development opportunities
What is the Cost?
AIHC membership is valid for one year from the date of purchase. The expiration date is the end of the month of purchase. AIHC members enjoy 12 months of professional engagement, support and interaction through special communications, networking opportunities and discounts throughout the year.
To register for the Nexus Summit and AIHC membership together, see the "AIHC Membership and Full Conference Combo" option on the Registration page.
To purchase a standalone annual AIHC registration, please click here.